3/19/2020: To best serve artists, the AGMA Relief Fund application process has moved completely online, making the process more seamless and efficient.
Guidelines – Revised 12/2/2020
- Applicant must be a member in good standing or on honorable withdrawal. “Joining members” in good standing (those who have been a member of AGMA for less than a year) will be allowed to obtain 50% of the benefits available.
- Assistance can only be provided once in a calendar year for those requests that are unrelated to extenuating medical circumstances. Assistance is for true hardship. Based on the year.
- Maximum amount of grant should not exceed $1,000.00.
Categories of Assistance
- Working professionals – unable to earn enough to cover expenses but with no extenuating circumstances. Requesters who did not receive assistance in 2020 can provide up to $750.00 for basic living expenses. Other requestors, AGMA can provide up to $600.00 for basic living expenses.
- Those with extenuating medical circumstances assistance, can be provided up to $1,000.00. AGMA cannot cover hospital or medical bills for the uninsured over this amount.
Additional documentation needed:
- A copy of your current membership card OR confirmation of membership status by the AGMA membership department (email email@example.com with subject line “AGMA Relief Fund Membership Verification”); you must be a member in good standing and current through December 2021.
- You will need to complete an application from the Entertainment Community Fund.
AGMA contracts with the Entertainment Community Fund (previously known as The Actors Fund) to administer this program nationally as well as to provide comprehensive social services. All AGMA members may call The Fund for more information, to receive referrals, and access social services.
To contact the intake office closest to you:
New York City